December Update

Since my last post, I was accepted into Zaid Ibrahim & Co as a pupil (or Trainee Associate, as we are called in the firm), under the practice area of my choice - Dispute Resolution. Maybe I will write on my thoughts or a review of my pupillage experience with the firm in due course, however, today, I would just like to pour out my feelings.

I have been feeling quite down and sad these past weeks. Work is slowly dwindling down as the year closes, so I now have this free time which is very foreign to me having been working almost non-stop for the past few months. Perhaps this sudden free time just made me not sure what to do with my life and myself.

Sometimes when I confide in people I am close to, not necessarily on how lonely I'm feeling, the response I get is quite... underwhelming. The responses come off as perfunctory - the replies are purely for the sake of replying. Everyone's busy, I get it. But it still does not shake off the sadness.

I have a game plan. I do not plan to stay sad for long. I want to create more, to plan more, and to be better.

I will be healthier, fitter, and happier :)

No comments